Celebration fever

Celebration fever

Accompanying song: Hugo – 99 Problems

The Rugby World Cup kicks off today (no pun intended), in little old New Zealand. And it’s clear from talking with friends back home and reading my newsfeed that there is a real buzz about what’s going on. Even people in Hamilton are getting excited *gasp* ;). And then there are the kiwis residing internationally, clearly wishing that they had traded in their Christmas flights-home in the name of rugby fever. But alas, here we are on international borders, searching for sites streaming the action live on the internet at 5 in the morning.

I have a special interest in being home this weekend for another reason too. No it’s not because I’m secretly dating an All Black, although I did photograph one oneday, best.day.ever. Not to see the awesome ceremonies, parties or even to see sheep run through the city, well, maybe a bit. But mostly to celebrate the third birthday of one of the most beautiful things on this earth, my niece.  I’ve never missed a big milestone of hers until now. So although I’m in Chile this weekend, my heart is in the Coromandel with my nieces and their parents.

A big happy birthday to one little princess on her third birthday and congratulations those lucky enough to be in New Zealand for the Rugby World Cup! Maybe now people will have a better idea about where NZ is on a map. No New Zealand is not a part of Europe, we’re that little country in the south pacific shaped like an arm.

Felicitaciones!

1 Comment

1. //Imported FacebookApp Comments//
    UUUUUGH. The hardest part about living abroad is being away from my niece. I miss her SO much. Glad you understand!
    Reply · 1 · Unlike · Follow Post · September 16, 2011 at 1:18pm

Amanda Jasmine Williamson · Director at Amanda Jasmine Photography
    I sure do! And every time I Skype my sister my niece has grown and advanced so much more!
    Reply · Like · September 28, 2011 at 8:40pm

Catherine Elise · Subscribed · University of Georgia
    aww so adorable!! and great photos! I kindof know how you feel (or will soon) as my sisterinlaw here is going to be having a baby 2 months after i go back to the states. 🙁 it sucks to miss out on these things!
    Reply · Like · Follow Post · September 15, 2011 at 7:25pm

Amanda Jasmine Williamson · Director at Amanda Jasmine Photography
    It’s so hard aye! And babies grow sooo quickly!
    How exciting, your plans to go are really happening!?
    Reply · Like · September 16, 2011 at 6:58am

Catherine Elise · Subscribed · University of Georgia
    yep, im going home, finishing my masters, and maybe ill see you in new zealand after that! 🙂
    Reply · 1 · Unlike · September 16, 2011 at 11:10am

Sarah Neville · AUT University
    Oh gorgeous pictures Mandy! Gosh she looks like Sach huh. XX
    Reply · Like · Follow Post · September 10, 2011 at 4:28am

Amanda Jasmine Williamson · Director at Amanda Jasmine Photography
    She really does! She’s such a little lady now!! I bet Charlie is getting big too!
    Reply · Like · September 16, 2011 at 6:57am

Rodrigo Alonso · Subscribed · Top Commenter · Consultant at Vantaz Group
    “…New Zealand is not a part of Europe” hahaha.
    Reply · Like · Follow Post · September 9, 2011 at 7:43pm

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published.